Knewton is an education startup funded by high-profile investors including Peter Thiel and Reid Hoffman. Located in the heart of Manhattan in the Union Square area, Knewton is building the world's most powerful adaptive learning engine, with the goal of making personalized and engaging education available to all. Knewton has been recognized as a Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum in Davos and one of the top 25 best places to work by Crain’s New York Business.
We are seeking a seasoned, high-functioning superstar to join the Business Development team. Knewton’s Business Development team reports directly to the CEO and leads Knewton’s API partnership strategy and deal execution. As a member of the team, you will source, structure, and close new business opportunities, drive partnerships within new and existing markets, and uncover new products or service offerings.
You will work closely with Knewton senior management as well as content, data science, design, and technology teams in order to identify, pitch, and close strategic partnerships with the world’s leading learning companies. We are looking for a highly detail-oriented individual with serious entrepreneurial drive and extraordinary flexibility to meet the demands of a high-energy start-up.
- Work cross-functionally within Knewton to drive partnership strategy and execution
- Manage research, outreach, and relations with major educational companies, content providers, large for-profit education companies, foundations, school districts, and technology companies
- Work directly with the CEO and COO on partnerships and to set strategic priorities and identify opportunities for growth in existing and new markets
- Understand complex business issues and technical challenges and collaborate with teams to capture requirements for projects
- Collaborate with Knewton product and tech teams to articulate customer needs and business priorities, as well as articulate rationale behind decisions
- 2-5 years successful BD track record with scalable and disruptive enterprise technology partnerships
- Ability to conduct business in Spanish and/or Portuguese language as well as in English
- BS/BA or equivalent
- Experience in, a passion for or appreciation of using technology in education
- Ability to structure, negotiate, contract review, and close complex enterprise deals
- Ability to construct and present concise cost/benefit analysis
- Strong analytical capability and understanding of key financial and business metrics
- Strong at public-speaking and building relationships with clients
- Gracious team player capable of navigating the organization with skill and charm
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- MBA from a top business school (Harvard, Stanford, Northwestern, etc.)
- Investment banking or management consulting experience
- Experience working in education or an education technology company